So a few weeks ago we were hurriedly cleaning and must have mixed up one group of items and either threw them away or misplaced them...cleaning is always a little different with a small helper. Anyway, I learned the morning of my birthday that some of the items that were in that pile were the b-day cards from Grant and Alexis. So early the morning of my birthday, Grant took Alexis to pick up my birthday breakfast (chocolate croissants) and decided to get a replacement birthday card. He told Alexis that she could help him look, thinking that she would just look at the Dora cards or the ones with bright colors. Well she started pointing to one that was pink, so he handed it to her to look at without reading it. She opened it and it played music and she just thought that was so cool. He took it away and put it back. She didn't want the music to stop and said they had to get this card for me. So they came home and she handed me a card that was not so appropriate to come from a child and would be more appropriate if we were (ahem) newly weds. Before I opened it Grant warned me that he let her pick and as I read it I gave him a "what in the world?" look and then my question was answered. She grabs the card, opens it and says "isn't the music pretty mommy, we have to dance with it" and she starts dancing around the kitchen. The card has not made it to the mantle, but Alexis has been thoroughly entertaining with it.
We also went to get Sprinkles cupcakes for my birthday. They are truly fabulous, though I'm not sure that I could really justify the drive (40ish min each way) and the extra money for cupcakes, but it was afterall my birthday
and they sell Dublin Dr. Pepper at Sprinkles. This is not the same as regular Dr. Pepper for those of you that have never had a Dr. Pepper from Dublin, TX (as I had not prior to this day). Dublin Dr. Pepper is made with pure cane sugar and comes in a small bottle. The subtle flavor difference really does make the Dr. Pepper even better.

It was also great to have a cupcake for breakfast the next day. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment