An accumulation of the stories of our lives, the funny, the gross, the mundane at times. My version of a scrapbook.
July 28, 2010
Iron
Iron sharpens iron like one man sharpens another is great...but the iron will that keeps the iron sphincter shut is not. Our daughter has both an iron will and an iron sphincter and I am quite tired of both. She is perfectly aware of what happens when she refuses and yet she will choose punishment regardless of what it is over doing what her body needs for her to do. We have things to aid in the process, but that now seems to just make her more determined. I think her muscles have gotten stronger instead of training her body to relax. We had about 2 weeks where we thought the situation was improving and then she held it for a day and the one that she had to go to get to do something fun was uncomfortable and now we have regressed again a step further than before. I'm so ready to let her have more stickers for her chart (I have the prizes that she gets after getting enough stickers to fill the rows and the whole chart) but she has been lying about it now too, so we had to take her pretty stickers away. It's really quite sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment