Shannon was one of my bridesmaids 8 years ago and though keeping in touch hasn't always been easy, I am blessed to have her in my life. So when this came up there was no way we would miss it.
We got an invite to the rehearsal dinner and thought travelling the day before would be easier on the kids, so we left early on Friday. Our plans for a babysitter fell through so I went to the rehearsal dinner without Grant. I was bummed that Grant couldn't go but glad that I got to spend some time there, meet the groom and converse without someone small tugging on my dress every couple of minutes.
Alexis has been very excited about going to see someone get married for a little over a week now. She has been to two other weddings, but doesn't remember them. So the next day, we explained that she wasn't allowed to go to the wedding unless she napped. So even in all her excitement she napped and was quite well-behaved for her. She talked about getting to go to a wedding almost every spare minute. And when we got there, as the wedding party was starting to come down the aisle she was asking when we would see Shannon. When Shannon appeared, dressed like the princess Alexis expected, she stared in awe and was thrilled when Shannon looked over and smiled at her. Alexis' face was filled with happiness as she covered her mouth in excitement. She whispered a few questions to me during the ceremony but was very well-behaved.
Then she was glad to learn there was a big party after. During this time, she informed people when they were holding their wine glasses "wrong" because of how she had seen people hold the glasses between their fingers on a tv show, she reall really wanted a cupcake and I was lucky to steer her away from the cake table.
| We had hoped to get a pic of all of us dressed up, but that just didn't work out |
Shannon and Nick were very sweet and patient to listen as Alexis tried to talk their ears off after she told me that she was just going to tell them that they were beautiful and handsome.
| picture that Alexis took of the Bride and Groom |
Her "favoritest things about the wedding were blowing bubbles while they (the bride and groom) were dancing and the cupcake"
| Alexis and the flower girls blowing bubbles |
It was a beautiful, classy and fun wedding with a hint of magic. I was honored to be a guest and so happy to see sweet Shannon begin her new chapter with Nick.
Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Robbins!
Oh and I really wish that I had made Grant get his own cupcake and not shared mine. Those were great!
No comments:
Post a Comment