Grandpa visited this past week. He drove in last Sunday evening and left the day we turned our clocks back.
Day 1: This was Halloween...see Halloween post. Not much else went on during the day other than putting some decorations out and Sadie or Alexis waking Andrew up during each attempt at a nap.
Day 2: Andrew was home and Alexis was at school. He was a bit out of sorts due to the excitement of the night before and having his 18 mo check up, but he took a little rest with Grandpa. Andrew is 25 lbs, and in the 50%tile for both height and head circumference. I was not surprised that on his development list to see that the 1st thing listed was running as he has that one mastered.
Day 3: Andrew was at D's and Alexis was home. She was a bit out of sorts and actually fell asleep mid morning after being told to take a time out in mommy and daddy's room and rest for a few minutes. She slept for more than an hour and wouldn't have woken up except I got her up to go to WinKids because I had gotten a Groupon for the playtime there. So we went to winkids and played and ran and bounced until I declared it was time to go and eat lunch. The ornery behavior returned but she was a little better. At least she had said her verse for Cubbies and was willing to be semi-calm. She also got to make pumpkin spice muffins with Grandpa...which we later discovered that Andrew really liked and got really mad when he wasn't allowed to have one (until after dinner).
Day 4: Andrew was home. Not much to report but he was a bit less grumpy. He and I even made a trip to Target before Grandpa woke up. During the day, Andrew showed us how much he liked to throw away trash. Every speck of paper, I had to make sure it was trash and if it wasn't had to find trash to give him to throw away. He thinks this is grand fun. We also cooked burgers on the grill and made apple rolls (gooey apples rolled in crescents).
Day 5: Both kiddos went to their respective daycares and Dad and I did some yard work. We dug out three bushes...ok Dad dug them out and I cleaned out some more of the stuff Grant and I had already hacked off of other bushes. And we were anticipating the arrival of my sister and brother-in-law late that night to see them the next day.
Day 6: Unfortnuately, the flight was cancelled...so Alexis asked me if Aunt Becca could walk here since her plane was broken and later when I called her back and put Alexis on the phone Alexis told her to find a car so that she could come. So with a quick change of plans for the day my mom, Alexis and I went to see Coppell High School's production of Beauty and the Beast while the boys hung out and played outside at home.
When Alexis and I got home, we went to Snuffer's so my Dad could have.....Fried Pickles.
Side note: Alexis gave the pickles a thumbs down after eating one (but she was good and tried one) and Andrew didn't know what to do with it. The same one went in and out of his mouth before falling on the floor. And he grabbed another and dunked his whole hand in ranch (which he didn't like) and then he got another chance...I think he ultimately liked the crusty outside but didn't understand the crunchy texture and was surprised by the sour of the pickle. Funny to watch though.
No comments:
Post a Comment