the products of comical antics and conversation of a 4 yr old with the younger side kick giggling along too.
If only I had the whole scenario recorded, you would be able to enjoy closer to the full effect. But our car ride home from Cubbies at church was filled with cheek-hurting laughter for Grant and me as we tried to calm ourselves down while wiping away the products of our lacrimal glands. While they had been goofy and having fun as we left church, it all started out just typical for them being bouncy and silly and shouting "bye!!!" to everyone. During some chit chat in the car, Alexis used her new favorite word/phrase "Seriously" and "I'm serious". We asked her who at school said that because she has been saying it A LOT lately...sometimes using them correctly and sometimes, not so much. I knew she had heard me say it, but not to the extent that she had been using it. We learned that their new friend (iow new child at preschool), named Aiden, said it. "Seriously, Aiden says 'seriously' and I like saying it. Seriously, I'm serious!"
So we asked her if she knew what it meant and she said "it means that you are very serious about being serious, seriously." So this conversation goes on a minute more and then it switched to her singing a song about Andrew and one about herself and then she started to get mad while Grant and I were talking. We realized that her singing was crescendoing steadily, but we weren't paying enough attention to her. So she yelled "hey, your talking is waking me up!" We told her that it couldn't wake her up if she had never been asleep...to which she replied, "I was talking in my sleep. I do talk in my sleep. Ya know." Well, Grant and I couldn't argue with that because, she does. This evolved into fake snoring which was getting progressively louder as Andrew was staring at her and laughing. He said some baby gibberish kind of like he was telling us she was being ridiculous and then started his own fake snoring...just with out the big snort at the beginning, only with the loud exhale at the end. The whole thing was just ridiculous especially because neither of them could keep from giggling at themselves or each other for very long.
I needed this!!! Thank you!!!
ReplyDelete