October 1, 2010

The Fair

Have you ever wanted to people watch?
Have you ever wanted to try something fried that you really couldn't have ever thought of frying?
Have you ever wanted to see new cars, a petting zoo, carni games and a larger than life cowboy all at once?

The Texas State Fair is your answer!

Friday, Oct 1st, was the day for our trek that I hope becomes a tradition for us (so far we have only been twice in our 7 years married).  We started off with one ride on the carousel.

Then we made our way over to the Little Hands on the Farm kids area.  Alexis went through it with Daddy while Grandpa and I took care of Andrew.  Then we went in search of Alexis' request for food...chicken nuggets.  We decided that the closest we would find was "Chicken on a stick" which portion-wise turned out to be the best value for our coupons.  At this booth, I also got the fried S'more.  That, by far, is my favorite fried Fair food ever.  Ever!

We went to the fountain and a butterfly decided to rest on Alexis' arm.  Then we went on to the Backyard Circus where Alexis got to be a butterfly ballerina.  After a little more walking around, we went to the mid-way for the end of our day.  Over there, we got our face painted (doesn't she look sassy?).  And then thoroughly enjoyed our first rollercoasters ever as well as a few other rides.



Ever since, whenever I mention that we have somewhere to go and haven't told her where it is, she says "are we going to the fair?"  I have told her that we will go to the Fair again when she is four...she seems to understand that better than when I say we will go next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment