Okay, imagine the Hallelujah chorus, now replace Hallelujah with Spuderific and you have Alexis' new song to sing for Andrew.
We have heard and encouraged the song for a little while now, but today she started singing it on her own as we were driving home from church.
Spuderific, Spuderific, Spuderific, Spuderific, so spuderifi-ic,
Spuderific, Spuderific, Spuderific, Andrew is so spuderific. etc
Then she says while holding his hand. "Andrew, he's my spuderific and I love him." She can just be so sweet.
Grant called me into the living room a little while later and when I saw why, I have to admit my first thought was to get the camera, but I decided freeing Alexis from being stuck in an awkward position with her hair wound around Andrew's fingers first would be the best course of action, so I did not get a picture. She was being sweet and stuck her head under the toy bar of the bouncy seat while he was in it to give him a hug and he grabbed hold of her hair and he doesn't know to let go when you tell him to. We pried his hands open and got her free from his grasp and she says "Andrew, don't grab my hair and pull it, okay? I love you, it's not nice to pull hair."
In addition to singing "Spuderific", she likes to "read" to him. She's really telling him stories that she has memorized or singing a song while showing him a book, but it's cute nonetheless. One example is when she sings a song about 5 little ducks that went out to play (over the hills and far away) while looking at a book about a duck that a fox tries to convince to come to a dinner party where he wants to eat roast duck, but the dogs on the farm that the duck lives on convince her not to go. They both have the word duck so Alexis chooses to sing the 5 little ducks song while showing Andrew the pictures.
We're just hoping that she continues her sweet behavior toward her brother when he gets big enough to get into her toys...
No comments:
Post a Comment