Here are some pics:
Prepping for the party...I'm setting out cupcakes and Andrew's resting up.
The boys
The cake smash...or hand drag through icing at least.
Later, Alexis had a friend come over to spend the night and what a night it was. Both girls like to talk...a lot. Both girls like princesses...a lot. Both girls like nail polish...a lot. Both girls like to fight going to sleep...a lot. It's been crazy and hilarious and tiring and fun, but I don't know how getting ready in the morning is going to go.
They played for a while with some of my old toys, then that got boring, so they painted for a while then that got boring, then they watched the first half of Tangled, then we ate dinner, then we went for a walk...The girls in the wagon and Andrew in the stroller. Each girl had a princess doll. One had Mulan and one had Cinderella, but kept wanting to switch so we had to keep yelling "SWITCH" so that they would both have time to hold the doll that they wanted (always the opposite of what they had at the time). They ran over the bridge and looked for turtles in the creek and talked and ran and pushed the stroller and rode in the wagon never the same thing for very long. Then they watched the 2nd half of the movie while we got Andrew to bed. Then came bath time during which they kept "hiding" in the water pretending to sleep. Then they wanted their nails painted (previously agreed that we would do it after bath time). We alternated purple and green on each finger and toe. Then came time to try to get them to actually sleep.
It can best be summed up by the fact that after about 45 minutes or more and multiple changes as to who would sleep on which bed or which side of the bed and with which animal, I told them it was time to be still and quiet and Maci says "I really don't know how to do that." Then Alexis says "I don't think I know how to do that either." Typical 4 year old copy cat-ism but in this case both of them were 100% speaking the truth. Alexis has been told for the last 2 years that she needs to be still and quiet every night and she still struggles with it almost every night...especially the "be quiet" part. So tonight I further explained "close lips, close eyes and hands at your sides." Alexis finally gave in about 30 minutes or so later...not sure how long it will last though.
| This day was too much excitement! |
No comments:
Post a Comment