May 26, 2011

Random conversations With Alexis on a Wednesday

Alexis "ooh look, 2 horses and a donkey!  Mommy, I want a horse and a donkey at our house."
Me "Alexis, we don't have enough room for a horse and a donkey."
Alexis "Aww, mom, I really want one.  I want to ride one."
Me "ok, Alexis some day, but not yet, we'll let you ride a horse."

Same car ride about 2 seconds later
Alexis "Hello Andrew Andrew, I love you, I hope you don't die."
Me (shocked) "Alexis I'm glad you love him but why did you say you hope he won't die"
Alexis "because I love him and I don't want him to die, I don't want sadie to die either, or daddy or you either"
Me "Are you worried about that? We're not dying, we're all happy and alive right now"
Alexis (very matter of fact) "I know. What makes people die?"
Me (not ready to be getting this question from my 4 yr old) "Well Alexis, do you remember how we told you that if you run in the street and a car hits you that you get a big owie that the doctor can't fix?  Well sometimes when the doctors can't fix the owies, people die."
Alexis (again very stoic) "huh, so mommy, tell me all the ways that make people die."
Me (really not wanting to have this conversation yet especially while driving) "well, Alexis, I don't know all the ways.  That's why I just told you one."
Alexis "ok...so when the cars wheels go really fast and people are in the way that's really not good."
Me "no Alexis, that's not good...why are we talking about this?"
Alexis "ooh look, we're almost to church.  I'm hungry."

And a random picture for good measure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment