Ok, so I know that I have promised (multiple times now) to get back to blogging...so here goes (sorry no pictures):
Alexis is starting kindergarten!
What?!?! How did this happen? Roughly 6 yrs ago she was forming in my belly and now she's 5 years old and tonight got to meet her teacher, sharpen 2 pencils for her cup o' pencils, open her locker for the first time and get her first big girl folders and notebooks. Alexis will be a Heritage Hawk on Monday!
A week after Alexis begins kinder, I will be starting a new job just down the street from her. As most of you know, I have been on a career change journey over the last year and have begun on a path in the medical field. To start with, I completed my MA program at Concorde as Valedictorian. This was a way for me to begin working as quickly as possible while still examining my future possibilities for more schooling. Class finished June 15th, I completed my externship at Frisco Dermatology (Dermatology Specialists) in a little under 6 weeks. I worked at 3 of their locations (Frisco, Coppell and Denton) and was hired there and had planned to continue there until I received a call from Rapid Med. Rapid Med is, as previously mentioned, on the same street as Alexis' school and just on the other side of the adjoining neighborhood to our subdivision. So while I still recommend the providers (www.dermfrisco.com) that I have been working for at the Dermatology office to anyone that needs to have their skin examined, the best thing for our family right now is for me to work closer to home.
Andrew begins full time preschool. Until now Andrew has been in in-home daycares and in the spring started part time early preschool, but this will be the beginning of him full time in preschool. He loves his teacher at High Meadows Academy and I think he will do well despite the fact that he has made drop-off hard on us for the last few years.
Grant is continuing to teach in the STEM academy at Coppell High School. This year, he will be more involved with Solar Car. Not too many changes that I know of on the agenda for Grant, but we have enjoyed the end of summer/pre-school year events for STEM of a family picnic after Freshmen bootcamp and the ice cream social on the night of registration.
No comments:
Post a Comment