January 14, 2013

my blogging failure

To those that were following the blog to keep up with the kids, I sincerely apologize.  I'm pretty sure that after I took my break from blogging while I was in school at night that I allowed Pinterest to take my blogging time in the evening...and the fact that I was taking all pics with my phone instead of a regular camera and not bothering to load my pics to the computer until recently contributed fairly significantly too.

After a recent review of how many pins I have on Pinterest and the serious need to reorganize and delete some, I think I'll take a break from browsing Pinterest (though I'll still spend time organizing, deleting, and selecting projects and recipes from what I already have) so hopefully, I'll get back to blogging a bit more regularly.

So I have 11 posts in draft, while I can't guarantee that those will get done because I'm not so sure that I remember what I was going to change or add to them, I can tell you a little about the beginning of our year so far and a little from the end of last year.

We went to the Luna's annual New Year's Eve party on 12/31/2012.  We have done this every year since Alexis was born (and maybe the year before too).  Luckily, everyone else that goes has children older than ours, so there is built in childcare for this party.  I must say though, now that everyone's kids are getting older, hanging out with our little ones seems to be less fun for them.  I guess it was better for them when our littles were bound to fall asleep and the older ones still didn't mind watching cartoons.  We all had fun though and Andrew still gave in and went to sleep in a sleeping bag and got up bleary eyed but content during the countdown.

Right around new years we were coming to an end of the what I have referred to as "the 6 weeks of sickness" in the Garner household.  It was a barrell of fun on Christmas with both children sick, running on no sleep and few if any pictures were taken. For those that want to know the sicknesses were as follows Me - flu and stomach virus, Grant - stomach virus, Alexis - sinus infection, flu, unknown fever, Andrew - bronchitis, ear infection x 2, strep, stomach virus.  We are thrilled that we have all been healthy for over a week now.

I have changed jobs and gone back to working for the dermatology office.  The Denton location is open more days/week and I am able to work in Coppell the day that Denton is not open, so the schedule is more consistent and I am home evenings and weekends, so it's working out well.  Alexis is thrilled that I go to "short work" instead of "long work" every day.  She always knew where I was going based on the color I was wearing during the time period that I was working at both Rapid Med and the Derm office.

Thanksgiving and Christmas were both spent at our house.  We enjoyed a laid back time together and didn't over do it much on the food.

Alexis has finished out a good first semester in kindergarten.  She loves her teacher, Mrs. Larkin, and telling me about who plays with whom and the things they do (good and bad) and who has more stickers on their behavior charts etc.

Andrew has begun potty training and has done pretty well.  He is less consistent at home than the reports that I get from preschool, but we don't run on a schedule at home either.  He's also better with one of his teachers than the other at preschool and he certainly doesn't always want to stop playing just to go sit on the potty, but overall he is on the right track.

And that's our summary...hopefully to be followed up by more posts sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment