Alexis had her first day of kindergarten and we are slowly piecing together everything she has told us about it.
What we saw: she got ready and went in to school with us. (After dropping off Andrew who was confused about being dropped off by himself).
We stopped in and met a few parents at the "tears and cheers" breakfast, but didn't stay long.
High Meadows called to tell us that she had arrived there and I picked up both kiddos from there.
On the way home, she was excited to tell me that she had a sticker in her folder and that she had gotten candy. She also informed me that there were not 16 kids in her class, but rather 16 STUDENTS. She told me that she would take her lunch for the first 62 days and after that if she had to go through the lunch line to wait for food, that would be ok.
During dinner, we were informed that she was nice to everybody and that everyone was nice to her except for one boy that kept spitting at them. She also told us that she had a fun bus ride back to High Meadows but also that she might have had to go back inside the school to calm down after running and yelling. She might have but she might not....hmmm.
What do you want to be when you grow up? - I would like to be a Queen and a mommy and I might turn into a mermaid.
What friends names do you remember from school? I don't know any, they didn't tell me their names.
What did you do when you first got to the classroom? Sat down and did work about letters and took a rest on my desk
What was your favorite thing to do today at school? Get my candy and going out for recess which means play outside.
What did you eat for snack? Fruit snacks...at my old school I ate the granola bar but I accidentally threw some of it in the trash.
What friend did you play with the most or have the most fun with? I liked girls better than boys, one of the girls whose name I don't know but she had blond hair
What's your favorite color? Pink
What's your favorite number? 25
Is there a reason your favorite number is 25? No, no there isn't I just like to count to 25.
Is there anything else you would like to tell me about kindergartne? Yes, you know how I was telling you I played a game? After I played that game, I played a differeint game called house climb, clock time.
Did you sing any songs? Yes, yes I did but only one.
Then she started singing "Baba baba ooooohhhh'' (Justin Bieber) but said that she learned that from her old preschool before High Meadows from Riley and Beckham.
No comments:
Post a Comment