Last year Alexis participated in Puggles while Grant and I did the Bible study on Wednesday nights, this year she is a Cubbie Bear!
She is sooo excited to go to church on Wednesdays that she sometimes forgets that she has to go to preschool first.
The first week we had a pretty rough melt down though because when she goes to church, her first thoughts are of her friends that she sees at church, so she pretty well just flipped out when she wasn't in the same class as Zoey and Marcella. The are all together during snack and a couple of other times though so once she saw other kids she knew and got to be in the same room with everyone she was ok.
She has done very well memorizing her little verses and the motto. She has been less excited to memorize the pledge for some reason. Today in the car on the way, I asked her to say her verse and she said it. I asked her to say the motto and she said it and then knowing that she still needed help with the pledge, I started her off with "I pledge allegiance" thinking she would just repeat what I said (as she always does anyway) and instead heard from the backseat, "yeah, you do."
That night after Cubbies, Alexis told me that she said that Jesus was broken for us...then she said "Jesus was broken for Daddy and Alexis." I said, "well what about mommy and Andrew?" Her answer "Nope, just daddy and Alexis." Well, maybe mommy and Andrew will make the cut later. Going to bed that evening Daddy and Alexis were talking about the people God made as I listened on the monitor. He kept asking who God made and she named Daddy, Alexis, Cubbie Bear, Sarah, Marcella, Zoey and Isabella...still no mommy or Andrew.
Fast forward to Friday, Daddy gets a CD out of his car and puts it in at Mema's when we drop her off so she can sing for mommy. She sings and dances to "I can only imagine" like you wouldn't believe. We'll post a video when we can get one.
No comments:
Post a Comment