September 5, 2010

Love & Kisses & the circus 8-15-2010

So, a while ago we were told that Alexis was kissing in school. Yes at three years old, we are already being told about her kissing. Then, a while ago she gave me a regular sweet kiss on the cheek and then said, "now we kiss like this" and cocked her head to the side and opened her mouth. I told her that we don't kiss like that. Her response was, "but Ariel does." Thank you Disney for teaching my three year old how to make out.

Then, she said to me one day "I love you so much! I'm a lover." and started laughing. She couldn't tell us where she had heard the word lover...it all came together when she and daddy were looking at a book of words and she saw paint and then said painter...she was learning that a person was called the verb + er.

A few days later we asked her and said "someone who paints is a..." and she answered "ELEPHANT!" because when we went to the circus she got to watch an elephant paint a picture. She also decided that even though she says that cats are evil that she wants a tiger.

Most of you know that we love to ask Alexis what she thinks of cats because we taught her to say they are evil. Most people think it's pretty hilarious to hear her say it too. She doesn't believe us when we tell her that Lions and Tigers are big cats. Coming back from the circus we were passing by all the items sold by the carnies and she was saying (rather sleepily) I want that and that and that and that and a tiger.

Andrew did not like the circus. The first big noise scared him and he screamed and cried and then I walked with him a little bit and he slept through the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment