So, Alexis was in trouble for being mouthy the other day (big shocker) and we were telling her that she needs to be good and not say bad things so that Andrew only learns good things and then we put her in time out. Her time outs are "Nose & toes against the wall". Andrew lately has been wanting to follow his sister everywhere. So he crawled to the wall, stood up and held himself there with his hands against the wall and looked back at us and smiled. I wish I'd gotten a picture of him putting himself in timeout to be like his sister. This timeout got the intended result, but we didn't do a great job of keeping serious faces because everyone (Alexis, mommy & daddy) were laughing at Andrew and his fun in time out.
In the car, Andrew was playing with a toy and Alexis was bored. "Andrew, please can you let me play with your toy. Mom, Dad, Andrew's not sharing his toy with me." Dad: "Alexis, when Andrew answers you and says the words, 'yes you can play with my toy' then you can have his toy." Alexis "No, when he makes a noise." Dad: "no, he has to say the words." Alexis: "'but dad, he can only make noises."
Alexis whining "I don't like this carseat and I don't want it" (I should preface this with the fact that Andrew is in her old carseat and it sits up much higher and she could see out the window better and reach the door and kick the back of the seat in front of her easier.) "Well, Alexis, that's the only seat we have for you, so if you don't sit in it you might have to walk home." "Well, my tummy hurts because I don't want this carseat and my tummy feels better in the other carseat and if I have to sit in this seat, then I need a bandaid." "Bandaids are at home" After arriving home, she bumps her knee getting out of the car. "NOW, I need two bandaids because I bumped my knee too." In a grumpy voice. Amazingly, all it took to make her feel better was to make her go to the bathroom before eating dinner and let her have some water to drink (because she didn't want juice) and now the girl who said she wasn't tired at all has gone to sleep in nearly record time.
No comments:
Post a Comment