April 14, 2011

semi-impromptu fun

only Semi - impromptu because it wasn't officially a plan until an hour or so before it happened...free ice cream at Ben & Jerry's and playing in the fountains.

We waited in line, met up with Marcella, and got our free ice cream.

I made the conscious decision not to take Alexis' swimsuit thinking, it's a little breezy, she won't need to get too wet.  So when she saw the water fountains and didn't have a swimsuit, she started to just shuck her clothes because she didn't want to get them wet.  I swiftly pulled her shorts back up, and told her she could run around and get her feet wet.  It started out with giggling and just her feet wet and then one of the fountains shot up on her and it was all over after that.  By that point, I figured, I've got a towel in the car and I was pretty sure I had a change of clothes in the trunk, so I let her get soaked.  Turns out it wouldn't have mattered if she had shucked her shorts because when they were water-logged, they kept slipping down and making her look like she was a member of FPoA (Future Plumbers of America) anyway.

So the girls were drenched and it was nearing bedtime, and we decided it was time to go.  A good time was had by all and a chilly drenched Alexis got a few laughs as we walked back to the car because she was dripping and babbling about the water and telling me she couldn't go to bed yet because I needed to dry her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment