September 26, 2011

Big Steps for a little girl

Last week we were given the opportunity to let Alexis do a 2 day trial of kindergarten instead of pre-k at her preschool.
The day before she was home with Andrew and me.  We went to Old Navy to purchase a uniform.  The smallest size (other than 2T) was too big, so I went to Wal-Mart after she went to bed and found a dress that was still big but had a lot smaller chance of falling off than the skirt from ON.
So on Thursday she put on her light blue shirt and khaki jumper and headed to school  She was a little confused to be dropped off at her pre-school room so that they could walk her over when it was time for kindergarten, but I hear that she had a good day and they talked about the ABC's (specifically I) and that she ate all of her food except her peas.  She seemed a little tired but not grumpy after her first day without naptime.

Friday she wore the navy jumper that I bought after making sure the khaki one fit and a white shirt. She didn't have much to say other than that she likes her big girl school and that she likes not taking a nap.


So we are sticking with 3 days a week for another week or two before we switch her to 5 days and take Andrew down to 2 days per week.  I figure this will give her a few more days to do a little bit more with me before buckling down with school.

No comments:

Post a Comment