September 26, 2011

meanwhile on the home front

While Alexis was adapting to "big school", Andrew was testing his limits of acting like a monkey.  Regardless of how close I was or quickly I reached, unfortunately did not catch him every time and he took a few spills.

Thursday, he discovered how much he could reach if he pushed the kitchen chairs around, climbed up on them and then stuck his feet in the decorative wood cutouts on the chair backs to climb higher.  I am SO THRILLED about this new discovery and level of perseverence...please do sense the sarcasm and mocking tone in which I have written this. Oh and an update since I started writing this post...he can climb on top of the dining room table now too.  Yay.

He also likes to play the piano, but more importantly find new ways to climb up to the piano...he might just hoist himself up on the bench (acceptable), but he might climb up the outside of the stairs and try to stretch himself over to the piano bench (generally not acceptable or doable), etc.

He has taken after the E-trade baby in trying to ride the dog.  I'm so glad that Sadie is easy going and puts up with it.  Sorry people, I'll take her slobbering on all of our houseguests any day over her nipping at a little kid after having her eyes poked, ears pulled, and being laid across.

Giddy up

rubbing Sadie's back

lounging


nom nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment