September 30, 2011

verbal gerbils

As I mentioned previously, Alexis has been going to the Kindergarten class.  I called the school earlier in the week to ask a question about something she needed to take to school and then asked the director what she thought about how Alexis was doing.
"She's doing great.  She's very smart and very verbal."  For those of you that know Alexis, saying very verbal, is quite the understatement.

Andrew has been slower to talk and babble; he has definitely been doing more though since he got his ear tubes.
So while his vocabulary and communication are not quite growing at as fast a pace as Alexis' was he does have a few new things to say such as:
Eat! (while pointing a finger at Alexis...I guess he's heard us tell her enough to eat her food)
Mo (any food, just feed me, as in more food)
Mama and mommeeeeeee (the obvious)
Dada and daddeeeeee (the obvious)
Sis or eshiss (Alexis)
Gacko (Graham Cracker)
Uh OH!

He also likes "GO!" and "bubby" (puppy/sadie)

No comments:

Post a Comment