September 14, 2011

our Brilliant little Black Eyed Pea

So Alexis has had a couple of funnies lately and I thought I'd share.

In the car the other day a contemporary version of This Little Light of Mine was playing and Alexis says, "I like this song" but then I hear her softly singing "Tonight's gonna be a good night, Tonight's gonna be a good good night."  Haha, so they were kind of sort of remotely to the same tune, but not really.  She told me she learned it in Daddy's car.  Since then I have heard her singing that line at least once or twice a day. :-)

Then in Daddy's car, Grant and Alexis were talking and Alexis pointed out something that suprised Grant about how accurate she was and Grant said "That's right Alexis, you're so smart." And she says....."Yeah, I'm brilliant."

So humble, our girl.

Then at a local burger place, Hollaback Girl (I realize it doesn't quite go with the title) came on and both kiddos start bopping their heads and just bouncing to the beat and Alexis says, "I love this song! It's my favorite!" even though she has no clue what any of the words are.  She also does not quite understand favorite as being 1 that is better than the rest...to her, anything she likes at all is a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment