December 29, 2011

Catching Up

So I was not sure that I was going to blog about this, but here goes:
A few months ago, my former company made some large changes and several of us found ourselves packing a box and leaving that afternoon for the last time or with notice that it would happen soon thereafter.

I have gone through a wide range of emotions and thoughts and battles within myself regarding this.

For a few years I had debated whether I had chosen the correct field of study and if I would be able to make a major change.  I could never figure out the time and finances to go back for additional schooling and just kept at work hoping that I would like the next thing better and decided gaining the experience would help me in the long run.  I decided to use the time I was given when I was RIF'd to go back to school in order to break into the medical field. 

So for now, I am in school for my medical assistant certification.  I will probably opt to also get my phlebotomy and EKG certs as well though, I must admit, I am less excited about phlebotomy.  After that I plan to work and network and then go to school for nursing.  So this is a big change, but I think that catches everyone up since a few people had seen some status updates from me about reading and homework etc and wondering what was going on.  Currently, I am scheduled to finish around July 30th depending on externship schedule and if we get any snow or ice days.

And that's my career change declaration.

No comments:

Post a Comment