Andrew has started throwing fits. Over tiny things and over big things. He stomps his feet, he lays on the ground, he gets big crocodile tears. He sometimes does it like the kid in the old Americas Funniest Videos video where he stops once he realizes your not looking at him, walks to where you can see and throw the fit again. Luckily, they are short lived and easy to re-direct, but still I really have trouble not laughing. You see, Andrew also likes to throw away trash, so sometimes to stop the fit, I walk over, hand him a trash item and tell him. "trash, throw it away" and he happily runs off to throw it away.
Today (12/8), he has also thrown folded clothes all over the living room.
He also put water in a cup by himself and threw it on the floor.
Throwing ornaments while waiting to see Santa.
I started this post a couple of weeks ago and kind of forgot about it.
So just to add one more development to his throwing fits...if he is in the high chair or strapped down anywhere really, he throws his head against the back of the seat to get attention and then just starts babbling in tearful baby jibberish that is quite adorable and just makes him seem so pathetic that sometimes you just can't help but give him what he wants.
:-) I guess the terrible twos are fast approaching.
Sounds a lot like my life right now. Just add an obsession with mops, brooms, and vacuums.
ReplyDelete