Other than birthday parties, here's the latest:
Grant just finishedFRC (First Robotics Challenge) build season. They had until Feb 21st to build their robot for the regional competition which takes place at the end of March. This is earlier than the last two years where spring break fell during build season, so they actually have a little less time this year. Luckily, Grant has had more teacher and parent support for meals and time volunteers, but it still makes for some long nights and long Saturdays.
Andrew has been sick twice...ear infection and RSV. We got pretty lucky with swift recoveries from both. His ear tube follow up is scheduled for the beginning of March. Andrew is also in the 2nd round of the removal of the paci. He got it back when he started getting the molars, so now we are starting over. When we take it away, he pathetically cries "mine, mine, mine". He has also started tantrums. These are usually in regards to wanting sweets or a toy that's not his. He's still fairly easily distracted or will end the tantrum once he sees he's not getting attention, so as long as we aren't in public, I let him throw it and get over it and we move on with our day. He is trying to say more, but he's still a little slow with talking but he's made a lot of things clear that he's thinking about or trying to communicate and gets very upset when he can't. Another reason for the tantrums...I think if we tell him no that he sometimes thinks we can't understand. I understand him saying cupcake perfectly well, that still doesn't mean I'm giving him a cupcake instead of dinner though!
My paci!!!!
| I beg for brownies like a baby bird! |
| mmmm, whip cream |
Alexis, though she still struggles with doing some things on her own because she just doesn't want to, is definitely showing that the maturity light has switched on. She behaves very well and does things very well when she believes it is her idea to do so and when she remembers that she gets to do more of the things she wants to when she gets done with the things that mommy and daddy ask her to do. Now that we have been to a couple and have a couple more birthday parties on the schedule, she is really getting excited for hers despite the fact it is still 51 days away. Her favorite colors are still purple and pink. She can say some of the funniest things and loves to have one on one time with her friends and with mommy and daddy.
| i needed crazy hair today. |
| breakfast for dinner night |
Me: Still in school. I started out with school in the mornings, had Andrew in the afternoon and study after the kids go to bed at night. I finished class #2 on Feb 17th and am now 1/3 of the way done with classes toward this certification. I changed to night classes at the beginning of the 3rd class and it's a little harder schedule to get used to, but allows me to have both kids in part time preschool and have them home the rest of the time.
My Andrew needs to give up the paci too. He's my only kid that's ever been hooked on one, so I have no idea how we're going to beat the habit. I'm scared.
ReplyDelete