Toddlers poop and the pee and they can tell you when they're stinky but nothing quite works out well when trying to take care of it in too much of a hurry...
So Grant stayed late at school on Tuesday because he was selected for teacher appreciation night at the girl's soccer game. So the kids were getting to eat dinner and play with Mema while I went to school. Mema came over and was helping me finish dinner while I changed for school and since I had worn the kids out playing, I thought it would be good for them to have movie night after dinner. I sent them upstairs to pick a movie. They were coming down the stairs about 10 or 15 minutes before I need to leave. Andrew is still wobbly on stairs but he likes to scoot down them. So he gets to the last 4 and he stops, looks at me with a grin and says "sinky" (I made you a fun present)...great...he's been scooting down the stairs and plopping on his bottom and it's stinky.
So I grab a diaper, wipes and wrestle him to the ground. He runs away once his pants are off as I'm answering a question for Alexis on how to work the remote. I tackle him again to get the diaper. As I'm changing him, Alexis has more questions about the buttons on the remote and how to get to the movie (they usually watch in the playroom), so as I answer her and am wiping him, he starts screaming. I pull his legs down to find out what's wrong and his face and hair are soaked as he then sprays his shirt. I tossed a baby wipe on top of his sprinkler, yank off his shirt and carry him to the shower. He got the fastest shower ever and then into the high chair for dinner which thankfully, Mema had finished and gotten onto plates that were ready for the kiddos.
And off to school I went.
Sigh
No comments:
Post a Comment