Sunday Nov 21st was Andrew's baby dedication and what a day it was. We put his clothes on and reached for a bib to cover them and he spit up before the bib was on. (Strike 1) While cleaning off the spit up, we realize that his sweater - the only one that was in his size - had a small hole in it (Strike 2). He didn't nap 1st hour in the nursery (strike 3). Alexis does not quite know how to use her quiet voice and be still at the same time (strike 4). Andrew slept through his time on stage and woke up as soon as he was laid down in the nursery for the end of 2nd hour. Alexis announced on stage that she had boogies in her nose and wiggled all about. But we got a sweet family picture and had a nice day anyway and dedicated our sweet boy to growing up in a Godly home. :)
Our non-traditional Thanksgiving:
Wednesday, Alexis spent the night at Mema's house so we decided to get a babysitter for Andrew and off to our first movie date since seeing Sherlock Holmes we went. Yes, it has truly been that long. We stopped at Barnes & Noble to go to the Cafe first b/c the sandwich shop by the movie theater closed early and got our makeshift dinner and then watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I. Usually, I don't recommend reading a book prior to seeing the movie as the movies are usually so different or then you may be disappointed, but in this case it can help a viewer understand a lot more about the story because there is a whole lot to this one. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they carry out Part II. The Potter series took me a little while to get into, but overall is a very well written, imaginitive series. Because we only had 1 munchkin at home, while we still had to get up a few times, we were able to sleep in a little longer than usual before beginning our non-traditional Thanksgiving food. Grant went to the meat market and got very good quality steaks and had them marinated there. They were exceptionally juicy and tender. Mema made sweet potatoes with Applesauce and marshmallows and I made Apple Crisp. After nap time, we can got started on the family Christmas gifts...nope not telling, you'll just have to wait but I will tell you this, the tags are nearly done.
I'm not a Black Friday crazy shopper...in fact, I don't know if I've ever done black Friday shopping but this year I decided to brave it. I still didn't wake up at any crazy time, in fact I slept longer than normal in the morning...due to a small in habitant of the household not sleeping much during the night I was not able to keep my eyes open any earlier. 1st errand was to get milk at Wal-mart and I was dreading it; however, it really wasn't so bad. So after dropping that off at home, I went to Brillaint Sky and drew 20% out of the hat for my discount on everything. Then I went to a few clothing stores to buy things that we currently need...like Jeans for Grant and did some additional browsing. The Shops (HV) were not busy or crowded and I got a better parking spot that I can on any "regular" day there. Andrew slept in his stroller the whole time; he must have been tired after a night of fussing. I also put a few things on hold after trying them on and let Grant know which stores had clothes on hold for me that he could choose if he wanted as gifts...so we'll have to see. Maybe it's cheating but at least this way he gets to pick and he already knows it fits. Then Grant went out for the few other items.
Saturday, I convinced Grant to help me get the tree and ornaments out of the attic. The hope is to have the boxes back in the attic by Sunday night and our house well on its way to being full of Christmas cheer. Happy Holidays, everyone! More to come in the month of December should include Alexis' choir and preschool performances, a birthday party, Andrew as baby Jesus, and a few other festivities.
No comments:
Post a Comment