Last year I posted the mommy moments of 2010, so here is the 2011 version.
Thinking that only one kid was sick and the other was saying she was sick because medicine is often yummy flavored. Had her at the doc with me when I took the baby and she asked for her temp to be taken and low and behold after all was said and done, she was the sicker kid...even though she never acted like it.
Not having the right temp water for formula on an airplane and a mad baby managed to hit the bottle hard enough for the cap to unscrew and end up looking like a white pain can had dumped on him and splattered us.
Andrew falling in a pool right in front of me because I missed when trying to catch him.
Telling Alexis to eat her carrots because they would help her see in the dark like Ahsoka and if she couldn't see in the dark she couldn't be a Jedi when she grew up.
Thinking Andrew's diaper was fine, not having realized it had come undone on one side and give him a diaper wedgie...causing him to poop on the floor without getting anything on his clothes, but subsequently leading to his running away while trying to disrobe him, then him peeing on the floor, then him stomping in it and running off totally naked before finally being re-diapered. At least HE was smiling the whole time...well until being held relatively still to be re-diapered.
Catching children just before they hit the floor because bouncing on furniture is fun and not realizing the true danger involved.
Putting on a "kidz only" music tv station only to discover that the regular (pop/rock/etc) music they play doesn't always change the words and Jack Johnson's "I'm yours" says D&*# just as clear as any of the other words...this happened twice, I just remember one of the songs though.
Andrew sticking his hands in the potty at the Dr's office while I was tossing a dirty diaper.
Forgeting blankie or stuffed animals numerous times at preschool.
Getting ready to go to a birthday party only for Alexis to tell me she did not want to go because said birthday child was very mean and hit her leg while they were eating lunch at school. She was very serious and emphatic about telling me that she did not want to go to his party. So we did not go.
Heard Alexis tell off a big kid for saying "stupid"...good girl!
Remembering to make arrangements for a kid while we were out of town...but forgetting to make arrangements for the dog. For the record we got it worked out...just later than we would have normally.
Getting one child shots and having ears cleaned out in the same day.
Carefully watching and sticking close to my kiddo in the zoo play area and still not managing to prevent the fall on his head and subsequent flip over.
I gave up on correcting the words to Christmas Carols sung incorrectly because the argument just wasn't worth it and it was interesting to hear the ones that kept changing...the line "Bells on bobtails ring" was just funnier when mumbled with a variety of different words.
I'm sure there are some other "fun" ones. I mean sometimes when they are sad, it's just really really hard not to laugh. They keep me on my toes and make life interesting and fun and my sweet kiddos make me smile every day! If I think of more, I'll add them later!
No comments:
Post a Comment