Alright, so we don't like bugs much around here (except for the baby toy ones)...afterall who does, especially if you are a girl? Alexis probably likes bugs even less than most people seeing as she had a pretty bad experience with Fire Ants back in September. Well now we can add grasshoppers to the list of bad bugs. yep, grasshoppers. She got sick recently with an ear infection and her tearful description as she walked in to tell me "There's something hurting my ear and I really think it's a grasshopper!" Followed by intense wailing and sobbing questions that sounded something like her asking how we could get it out or how we could make it stop hurting her. I really couldn't understand her while she was hysterical about it. I finally got her calmed down after promising her that I was calling the doctor as soon as they would answer the phone at the office. So a dose of ibuprofin later and she was not wailing. At the doc's office, he prescribed antibiotics for her ear infection and removed the hard wax that he thought was probably touching her ear drum when she laid down and she excitedly thanked him for "getting the grasshopper out of my ear." She was quick to start bouncing off the walls again.
Friday morning, Andrew had a very mild cough, but seemed happy as could be. Last time I took him to the doc for a mild cough I was told he was perfectly fine, so I carried on thinking nothing was wrong and took him to daycare, but called the doc just to let him know. They said that from what we described, he should be fine and to just let them know if anything else came up or if he got worse. His wonderful daycare lady called that afternoon and said "he's just not quite right" he had been sleeping a lot and was really only content if she was rocking him and he just didn't seem happy. So I picked him up and called the doc. While there, the doc chuckled while checking Andrew's ears (I don't know that I've ever seen our pediatrician chuckle...he's not one of the goofy pedi's but he's very good at keeping kid's calm) he told me that Alexis had been so excited about the grasshopper coming out of her ear. Andrew tested neg for Flu but positive for RSV. NO BUENO. I felt bad for having exposed the other kids at the daycare at the same time felt that after my call to the doc that I had no reason to think I had made the wrong decision in sending him. He now had his very first fever...not really a first that I was looking forward to. Even semi-grumpy he's still been great about eating and sleeping and keeping me on my toes. He can pull himself up using ANYTHING...and he's getting much much braver.
No comments:
Post a Comment