February 19, 2011

The Truth...

So, we can't always get information out of Alexis but when she answers/responds with any comment especially quickly it's a truth that no one could make up.  Some of these are truths that get her into trouble and some are truths that are just plain funny. Here are examples of each:

She got in trouble for telling the truth and couldn't play in block center at school one day.  Why because 3 times she was asked what she was making and 3 times she truthfully answered "A shooter gun".  Now to give this some context, she wasn't making one with the intent to hurt anyone or even to pretend to, but the boys had shown off their cool ones and she was playing with the boys and wanted to make one too.  The kids are not allowed to pretend play with guns, swords, basically weaponry of any kind.  The boys are adept at lying so they tell the teacher they are making rocket ships and Alexis told the teacher the truth that she was making a shooter gun (she forgot to add "like the other kids").

And then there's this morning.  We gave Alexis a Valentine's present in the morning.  And then we got rushed to finish getting ready to get out the door.  So while we were driving, I called Grant and he put Alexis on.  She told me "Happy Valentine's Day" and I said "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you and I hope you have a great day."  And she said "I love you and I hope you give me another present!"  At least she said she loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment