In the car on the way to dinner and Cubbies:
Me: Alexis, I love you.
A: hmm, I don't love you mommy.
Me: (slightly, but not totally surprised because she had previously told me she wanted candy that I didn't let her have in the car) Well, I love you all the time.
A: I love you when we get to church.
Me: Okay, well that's where we are going.
A: Okaaaay, I will love you when we get to church.
Me: I love you all the time.
A: I love daddy.
Me: I love you all the time.
A: Well, you love Andrew and Daddy too.
Me: Yes, I love you and Andrew and Daddy all the time.
A: I love Daddy and Andrew all the time and I love you at church. You love Sadie too mommy?
Me: Yes, I love Sadie but not as much as I love you.
A: Even when she does bad things (thangs)?
Me: Yes even when she's bad I love her just like I love you even when you don't obey because I love you all the time.
A: We're almost to church. I will love you when we get there.
Me: (sigh) we're almost there.
A: (big intake of breath dramatically) We're at church, time for Cubbies! I love you!
Me: And I love you all the time, Alexis. Thank you!
Now she tells me that she loves me all the time but last Wednesday, she only loved me at church. Silly girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment