January 10, 2011

weekend blitz of activity




After what seemed like the longest week ever...I guess after holidays and days off it seems that way getting back to reality and a normal sleeping and eating schedule...it was finally the weekend.

Friday night we had a few people over to watch the Cotton Bowl...ugly game but fun time anyway.

A rather late night for the kiddos but there was no way they were going to sleep with so much excitement in the house.  Alexis was a zombie in front of Beauty and the Beast on the game room tv and Andrew put in a good fight against the sleep even grabbing onto the carpet and pulling himself forward a few times (bummed that I missed getting a video of it) that sleep won over around 10.

For some reason, kids staying up late does not mean that we will get sleep.  After thinking we finally got Andrew back to where he would sleep through the night on a regular basis, 3a.m. was as good a time as any for PLAY TIME according to him, but he did not like the idea of play time in the dark.  I think he was asleep again sometime between 4 and 5 a.m. but really I was bleary eyed and couldn't read the clock very well without my glasses.  I know I gave him a bottle at some point.
Grant had the kick off for his big robotics project for school so he left dark and early in the morning and sometime around 7 give or take, I was negotiating with Alexis to get to stay in bed for a few more minutes before I got up and got her breakfast.  I let Alexis play with some old make up after breakfast...she decided she wanted tiger stripes, luckily the make up is light, but if you look close you can see her artwork.

Then I remembered that we had a birthday party to go to at 9:15.  So after dragging around for the 1st bit of the morning, I kicked it into high gear and got both kids fed, dressed and ready for a party (tossed the gift in a gift bag too) and went to Pump It Up.
For those that went to Boomerangs before it closed, Pump It Up is pretty much the same concept where there are lots of different bounce houses with various different obstacles or things to jump on and slides.  So the kids jumped and climbed and slid and jumped and crashed and bounced and bonked and laughed until they were thirsty and ready for cake and party hats.  Andrew enjoyed looking at all the bright colors and the kids running past him.

Here are a few pics:



Andrew was so tired later, but did not want to nap, so he laid on his side to play.

Alexis spent the night at Mema's and met us at church in the morning.  We were planning on having choir and mission friends in the afternoon/evening, but then it SNOWED!  So activities were cancelled at church and we went on a "snow walk" mostly so we could prove to Alexis that she did not really want to "live in the snow."

bundled and ready to walk

romping through the bowl

The leash is wrapped around twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment