In the past few days we have had a few conversations that were not so amazing except for what they were in reference to because it shows how much Alexis remembers.
Yesterday morning, Alexis wanted to wear a purple leotard, or tu-tu, as she called it b/c the leotard had an attached skirt. So it all started because I have a bag of dance leotards and various other items that I got from a friend whose child has outgrown them and it’s been a while but Alexis asks for stuff from the bag which I haven’t given to her yet. She first wanted a cd and then I was going to let her have something that I thought was in the bag and I took the purple leotard/tu-tu out to look for it and she said “Purple, it’s my favorite tu-tu ever!” and started asking to wear it. I told her she couldn’t wear it that day to school so of course she says, "can I wear it after school?" And I told her she could if she was good. So on the way to church she says, “We can’t go to church we have to go home and get my purple tu-tu for me to wear to church.” I thought it was funny that she was so set on wearing the silly purple tu-tu.
Another conversation that coincidentally also happened in the car yesterday on the way to church was about birthday parties. She asked if she wear her Cinderella crown that was on the floor. I told her yes. And she proceded to tell me everything about the party. It went something like this (nearly all in one breath) "I got this at Riley's party when I kept jumping on the big flower thing and then we stopped jumping and it was cake time and I wanted vanilla but you said no and I said yes and you said no because I already had a chocolate piece of cake and you told me I could only have one piece of cake and for my party when I turn 4 on my next birthday we need to have princess crowns and jump and chocolate and vanilla cake and all the things that were at Riley's party but you wouldn't let me have a vanilla piece of cake. Can I be 4 on my next birthday, Mommy?" It's exhausting just reading it, isn't it? :)
These are only 2 of the MANY examples of things that she has remembered unfortunately she can't always remember to follow directions or that we don't have to talk loudly all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment