So over the last year I've had a few not-so-stellar and/or funny and embarrassing mom moments...here are a few of the "highlights" that I hope not to repeat.
Alexis went with Daddy to play at Zoey's house. I'm not sure of all of the details but basically the girls were quiet so the daddies thought they were in the play room, but then they realized the girls were looking for the cat and they were curious why the girls were so intent on finding the cat...only to discover cat food dumped on the floor in a bathroom with two voids about the size of where two little people could sit. Oh well, after all, "Cat's are evil". If you don't know the "Cat's are evil" story, sorry.
We've decided that if we have another baby, I'm not to be in public the 5 weeks prior to the due date. Apparently, my water must break in a public or semi-public place. Andrew decided to start his entry into the world 28 days early while we were at a 3 year old's birthday party at Lifetime Fitness. My water broke just before cupcakes. We had to explain to Alexis while we were leaving that she was not in trouble (she had just been told that she needed to stop getting out of her seat and be good or we would go home and then she was wisked out of her seat and taken to the car so when she got in the car, she was crying and said "but I was being good and in my seat"). She was fine once we told her she was going to play at Zoey's.
2 of them were on the same day:
The 2nd road trip as a mom of two was to New Braunfels. Getting started included a lot of back and forth as we did not have everything in the car to leave from picking Alexis up from preschool as we had intended. Halfway to pick up Alexis I realize that we have left her Tinkerbell life jacket that we bought especially for the trip. So we turn around and head home. We head to the gas station on the way out again and discover we've left the bag of groceries that we bought for this trip on the kitchen counter, so we head back home and finally we are on our way.
On the way, we hit traffic so it took longer than expected so we decided to stop at McDonalds to let Alexis play in the play area especially since it's raining and she definitely won't be able to play once we reach our destination. This was during our desire to control poopoo phase...there was lots of screaming and crying to daddy from someone that needed to go but refused to go and while this was going on the smallest member of the family was busy spewing on mommy's pants and pooing out of his clothing. The wipes were in the men's bathroom with Alexis who refused to go more than a pebble and Andrew was covered up his back and down his leg oh and did I mention we had our food on the table. I left the food and grabbed our belongings holding Andrew at an arm's length, got to the bathroom only to realize that I didn't have wipes and just trying not to smear it on Andrew's head as I took off his clothes. We threw the onesie away at McDonald's and used an extra burp cloth and some paper towels to clean him as best I could, we packed the kids in the car and left.
Daddy let Alexis pick my birthday card...you can see this one in one of the first few posts of the blog...long story short I received a card that was not apprpriate to receive from a 3 year old and even more inappropriate for her to want to dance to.
I carefully and thoroughly packed a swim bag to go to a big party at a friend's house and left it on the floor by the door at home. We realized it after getting all the way out to the friend's house in Argyle and telling Alexis that she was going to get to swim. She ended up swimming in a 6 year old's t-shirt and her undies with a life jacket on.
I forgot a birthday party. I knew that it was the "something fun" that we had scheduled for a certain day and just flat out forgot to go. Luckily, Alexis was none the wiser, but I'm sure she would have enjoyed it. Because Alexis has an absolutely AMAZING memory (usually at an inopportune time) I was very glad that I had decided not to tell her about going to this party beforehand so that she would take a nap. (Sorry Chloe, it's her mom's fault.)
While I hope that I have learned from the above as they get older and smarter, who knows what craziness is yet to come in 2011, but I'm sure more oops' and smiles are yet to come...even if the oops and smile has to follow some panic and quick problem solving. Being a parent keeps you on your toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment